Scenes wants to blow open the format of the daily, digital magazine through opening our platform to a creative community.
We are seeking bloggers on film, television, animation, music, social media, games, technology & entertainment, and emerging digital platforms.
Bloggers are compensated through revenue sharing.
We are also interested—very interested—in the following:
• Short films—everything from documentaries and investigative reporting to mash-ups and vines.
• Social media items—ones that make us laugh and we haven’t already seen a hundred times. Keep it fresh!
• Spotify playlists—play DJ and knock us out with a thematic, period, or idiomatic list. For example, “The Best Saxophone Solos Ever,” or “The Heavyweight Beat Box Champions of the World.” You get the idea.
• Original music and songs of all types.
• Long form articles on broad cultural issues. Contrary to public opinion, many people will read long form articles on the internet—in fact, their click-through rates on Facebook are just as good as short form pieces. Readership and viewership depends on the subject and how it is executed.
Note well: We do not do Op-Eds. Mainly, because the media are saturated with partisan attacks and counter-attacks, while original long form reporting and thought-pieces have relatively few homes.
• Profiles of and interviews with celebrities and other noteworthy people.
• Scoops in entertainment news.
• Leads—If you know of a story we should cover, let us know.
Unsolicited contributions are not compensated at this time. We look forward to that changing.
All queries or submissions should be sent to email@example.com or submitted through the contact form below.